10-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #54
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Know nothing about sports? That's really laughable. I love how people judge everyone here not even knowing them. I played highly competitive baseball since I was 10 through college baseball, so I feel I know a tiny bit of something about the sport.

Once you get to that level of play home field advantage doesn't mean as much as it did in little league. All the fields are groomed to a specified range and everything follows a league standard. Only difference is the fans. And again if your at the level and haven't learned to block them out then you'll surely always have trouble. Those guys are there to play and win, not listen to fans reactions/comments/cheers, etc.

No I didn't watch the Sox's this year. Doesn't matter. Baseball is baseball. EVERYONE is streaky. I don't have to watch a seasons worth of baseball to catch onto how a team works. Any team can win 3 in a row at any time. That's the great thing about professional sports. All of those guys are the best at what they do and on any given night any team can win.

No tonight wasn't a fluke. They played a solid game. They hit the ball right where they needed to all night long and capitalized on a lot of good breaks. They had like 4 infield hits, those don't happen that often and they scored every one of those guys. But because they did that last night won't make them do it tonight. You said it yourself, "their the streakiest team in baseball", well tonight could be an off night, who knows.

We'll all watch tonight and find out.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

I'm just thinking out loud here, but Cleveland is 51-29 at home in the regular season (4-1 in the playoffs), while they're 45-37 on the road (2-3 in the playoffs). Meanwhile, the Sox are 51-30 at home (4-1 in the playoffs), and 45-36 on the road (2-2 in the playoffs). Combined regular season and postseason, Cleveland is .647 at home and .540 on the road. Boston is .640 at home and .553 on the road. The numbers don't lie...

You say that all fields follow a standard. So you're saying that the left side of the infield at Fenway is the same as the left side of the infield at Jacobs Field? Or that the triangle at Fenway is just as easy for Coco Crisp to play as it is for Grady Sizemore, even though Coco has played far more games there?

I just don't really get you. You say you know a lot about baseball, but even Tim McCarver wouldn't say the things you're spouting.