View Single Post
      02-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #978
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKosherStogie View Post
I'd say its a better tire than the Rs3. Probably the same grip both new with a possible nod to the AD08R. The sidewall on the AD08R is stiffer so tires feels less squishy. I check the the tire pressure after this lap and it was 40 and I lowered it 2 psi (38) and even tried 2 psi lower again (36) and it'd seemed like the tires preferred 40psi. Although a friend mentioned to me he had better braking with rs3 and I don't know if it's a mind fuck but I think I agree. Think maybe the softer rs3 gives more contact patch under braking, possibly from softer sidewall if that makes sense.

I feel like my line wasn't as good as others on that lap but couldn't beat my times the rest of the day. This is only my 2nd day with aero so I'm learning how to drive the car with it. Went from 1:59:2 (Rs3) WITHOUT aero to 1:57:7 (ad08r) WITH aero at button. At WSIR 1:32:8 to 1:30:9 but didn't have the splitter then and was getting a lot of understeer. Excited to try the AD08R with the splitter at big willow in a few weeks.
Great lap and love the sound of AD08R's getting worked Glad you liked them and can't wait to get a full season on the AD08R's. Really think they are a fantastic tire and yes, I shoot for 40 hot, which usually has me starting around 30-32 cold, depending on the track. Looking forward to more times and vids...