Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Hi Nick,

Some questions...

1) are you in a major Canadian city?
2) when was your last service on this car?
3) do you have a main German address and contact phone number?

Here is why I am asking these questions;-

A) if in a major Canadian city did you go all the way to the Dealer / Owner if not you should and instil upon them that you will not let this ride and express your disappointment as a customer.

B) If the last service on this car was very resent you need to find out why this was not brought earlier to your attention. Wy are you being informed of this now that the warranty has passed? Surely the breaks did not rust up in the past 3 weeks!

I would let this dealership (the one you purchased the car from and had it serviced in the past) know in no uncertain terms that this would be the last Porsche you ever purchased and that spreading the wort of mouth will be very powerful and it will certainly impact future sales at his dealership. There are avenues like forums, news papers, Ombudsman and local television stations. You need to put your foot down and don't let go if you strongly believe that you are being taken for a ride.

C) Do file the claim and follow up with Porsche Headquarters in Germany. They all speak English very well, write to them include evedence of past maintenance reports/bills/invoices then follow up with phone calls.

Stick to your guns Nick and Good Luck,

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

PS. Did you post this in the Porsche forum also? Do others have a similar issue with this Porsche Model? Might it be a faulty brake issue if so this would be a safety issue.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 12-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: minor typo corrected and PS added
Appreciate 0