View Single Post
      08-29-2022, 02:19 PM   #146
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I finally got the car aligned but had some trouble getting it the specs I wanted. Couldn't get the front camber plates to budge easily enough and out back my car has the Fall-Line lockout shims. The shims looks like they should be easy to swap but they really aren't. I had taken a guess and clearly guessed wrong. I also noticed the bolts are installed from front to back and you can't remove them without pulling the exhaust which I didn't have the time or desire to do so I'll need to go back another day after I fix it. We at least put toe to spec so the car drives straight and won't destroy tires too fast but it's still set to wayyy too much camber. I wanted to be able to drive the car a bit so I've been holding off on fixing it. I'll likely toss it back on stands this week to finally address it all.

While my parents were in town my dad and son took a drive to check out Road Atlanta and spectate a track event for a few. The elevation is so much more extreme than any kind of picture, video, game portrays. It truly does look like a rollercoaster.

I ended up heading back out again this past weekend with my son to go watch a bit of the BMW CCA event there as well.

Tossed the wing back on. I've always liked the look a little better and my son thinks the car looks cooler too

I still have pretty mixed feelings about the BW X-pipe. Not sure about the long term future of it staying on the car.

Lastly I still have these constant thoughts about wanting a DCT car. I've been driving manuals for 15+ years, BMW designed this car around the DCT, and I kind of just want a different experience. I'm torn on going down that road though. Ideally I'd pull all my good parts and just swap them over to another car. I know it would be a LOT of work though. I also know my car and having to find another solid replacement doesn't sound like too much fun. If I decide to make the change I'll wait until winter as I don't drive the car as much and it's easier to live with it being up in the air for longer periods of time. I'm really just thinking out loud with this one. It's been a thought on my mind for at least a year.
wyatth3548.50
SAMM3Y3085.00
Rochen_00349.50