View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #133
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I've been up and down about what I really want to do next with this thing. It's been listed for a sale for quite a while at a price I'm happy to let it go but no bites (and I'm not surprised).

More recently though I've been having a harder time with the idea of moving on. I even started to remove a few mods and start prepping for a more stock-ish parts list. Stock steering wheel and armrest back in, Sportsters back in the car, stock trunk back on. I keep finding myself loving the car when I do drive it though and I think I've settled back on keeping it. I'm glad I didn't get too far down the road of pulling parts off. The only thought that hasn't fully left is the idea of pulling parts and then finding a DCT car. The appeal of 3.62s and DCT is real and I think that's about as good as it could get for the E9x.

As it sits now, backed into the garage so I can start to change a few things up.

My winter plan for now is to make a few changes and get the car ready for a spring track day. I've been wanting to track the car since buying it and just haven't pushed hard enough to get there. I've made too many excuses but I want 2022 to be the year I actually get there.

A quick decibel app test says this full Supersprint setup won't pass sound at my most local track (98Db limit 50ft from track limits - and it's monitored at numerous locations). Likely going back to stock for now and I'll figure out what I want to down the road. I may just part with the rear section and find a way to mate the Xpipe to OE exhaust.

I'm going to be pulling all of the SPL arms in favor of a more OE+ approach. I plan to change all of the rubber left to solid bushings (except inner camber arm for now). I do plan to keep adjustable toe links because those still make a lot of sense. I'm also highly interested in roll center correction so I may source one of the options out of Europe. I think roll center correction is too overlooked and I personally like to run the car low and my roads allow for it. I may also reconsider the Strom uprights up front to really get both ends dialed in.

Last is a few basic maintenance items. I have fresh plugs to install and I can definitely use a brake bleed.

Last edited by //steve\\; 12-02-2021 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 5
derbo3610.00
wyatth3548.50
911r891.00