Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviV8 View Post
Hello all!

Just let you know that my ground strap was totally loose. I think they forgot to tight it properly after rod bearing substitution... so... well, now I have to observe it... but I bet problem is finally solved.

Before going to the shop, I made an easy test measuring with a voltmeter (car started, lights and air on) between the engine block (from the ring for lift it) and the ground point in the body (in the left part of the body, close to the VIN number in the bumper). If it is good, voltage there should be 0 (the engine block is connected to ground throughout the ground strap). When my ground was loose it was more than 0,7 volt!!

Because of this I asked my mechanic directly to check the main ground strap (you have to lift the car and remove carter cover for easy access), and that was there: Loose cable. We saved time!

Alter tightening again, measured voltage came to 0, or 0,02 maximum.

Well, I have to observe it. But I dare to say that was the issue.

Thank you to all, especially the mates with the same or similar problems that helped here, or by private message!

Javier.
Gracias, lovely when folks report back with their solution. Good advice to easy check grounding, will do the same as experience some weird codes.
Appreciate 0