dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Hi Billy.

Nice write up! I always learn from your insights. (I had a chance to drive a 12C at Exotics Racing in Vegas. The front end was a bit odd…..like it was too light or under-gripped, but it would catch you by surprise…..strange, it turned in fine and then you'd be stable mid-corner, and then the front end would suddenly start walking away without any change in pedal position……the instructor even warned me about it before we got in the car. He joked that he wanted to drop a 100lb sand bag in the nose of the car.)

One note about the video: The date listed on the video is December 2013, but it must really be from December 2014 because the pavement is the new repave from July 2014. We have found that the new pavement [along with "lower" relative berms] is about 2 seconds faster than the old pavement across the board. So, at first, from the date listed, I thought this would mean the 12C would do a 1:48 on the current pavement and I cried in my spilled M3 milk. But, then I realized it was on the new pavement and the date was wrong, and now all is right with the world! Phew that was a close one!!

btw, any chance you can post the video with the live lap data overlaid?

Are you scheduled to be back out at Buttonwillow for any upcoming Time Attacks? I was there when you ran 1:37. That was awesome! You were tearing that track up!!
Appreciate 0