View Single Post
      01-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #9
mgasaad
Rep
Drives: M3 E46

SMG use on daily bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
smg does need getting used to. it is a really fun, advanced, and exciting gearbox. smg had problems at the beginning but now they are very rare expecially on 07-08 models. 06 with 12k miles and no past problems i would say your alright.

to keep it brief, the more bars you have on the lever the faster the you will shift. for ideal driving its best at s3 or 4, 5 even is ok. automatic mode is not really auto as you mentioned but once you get used it it is such an amazing system to work with.

you have launch control, different shifting settings, drive modes, and the very advanced suspension settings, the m button the steering wheel. ability to control 400 hp or 500 by a push of a button, etc.

any other questions let me know.

http://m3smg.com/tech_info.html
thanks for the link hlom4n. Oh i hope i will get used to it. I will be driving this car daily. although my office is three minutes from my house, very unsual in chicago. I am not planing on driving this car hard at all, I just love the power it provides in straight line and the fast take off at the stop lights.
Appreciate 0