Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
What other option would you prefer? Here are the conditions:
-No trailer allowed in Greenwich CT
-Must drive to tracks that are up to 10h away
-Must be street legal

These were on my list of considerations when shopping a little over a year ago. Overall the C7 Corvette has proven 100% capable of handling track usage in factory/stock form without sacrificing anything on the street. I don't have any regrets.

I'm pretty close to perfecting my consumable costs, but they're still higher than the M3's were -- the trade-off has been vastly better performance, so I guess you gotta pay to play. The strikes against the C7 Corvette for track usage that I have found after a year of ownership are:

Limited cargo capacity
Can easily swallow my huge container of track day stuff, even for a long trip, but no way in hell can you transport a second set of wheels/tires. Not an issue if you have a garage to swap in advance, I guess.

Tire & brake costs
Limited choice in tires for the OEM wheels. Front brake pads are pricey and no direct-fit options from Pagid or PFC until at least 2019.

Image/association
There's a stereotype for the car and this might be part of the reason some companies have simply chosen not to even bother offering parts for it. Some people don't take it seriously at the track or even ask why I would "abuse" it by tracking it, despite the car's long history of racing and sporting credentials.

Last edited by dparm; 05-21-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11478.00