Rep
Drives: Sold

2008 M3 6sp - 110k - IB/Bamboo - Carbon Roof - No Nav - RB/TA Done

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Sale Pending 2/28/21

Located in Santa Cruz, CA. Glad to ship with proper arrangements at buyers expense.

I have been out of the loop with the car scene for a while, and now I am in the process of relocating to Asia for work. Bear with me if I miss some details, and I'll likely be editing this post as I think of more stuff.

Purchased @ 93k miles in summer 2017 from this forum. The previous owner was an enthusiast who took excellent care of the vehicle and added many tasteful upgrades listed below. I have not driven the very much as you see by the low mileage increase rate, especially this year due to covid shutting down the office. I have owned several M3's, M coupes, M roadsters, M5, etc and this is by far my favorite.

Info:
2008 model year
6 speed manual
Interlagos Blue with carbon roof
bamboo leather interior
No navigation or comfort access
Cold weather package with heated seats

Upgrades/Key Maintenance:
- Treated rod bearings installed @93k by Casey at Racewerkz in Burbank CA. I did this immediately after purchasing and drove all the way down to LA because I know how meticulous Casey is with building this motor
- Throttle actuators done @ 92k. One of them crapped out again @ 108k and I replaced again with a new OEM unit. When we took it apart it looked like the prior replacement had a mfg defect causing the early failure.
- Epic Motorsports ECU tune
- Macht Schnell pulleys
- Bimmerworld front Lower Control Arm bearing kit
- 18x10 Satin Apex Arc 8 with 275 square Hankook eco v12 tires (still plenty of tire life)

Cosmetic (all previous owner)
- 6000k HID
- OSS LED angel eyes
- 2011+ LCI tail lights
- BMW performance rear spoiler
- Front GT4 spoiler with brake duct holes - I originally thought I would hate this, but it actually really looks great.
- Euro front bumper (no reflectors or LP holes)
- TPMS emulator module
- Matte Black front kidney grilles
- Hardwired V1 (detector not included)
- 45% window tint
- Interior LED lights (they look great, not tacky, I didn't even realize they were aftermarket)
- Interior and exterior are in excellent shape

Misc Maintenance
Oil changes on 7-8k intervals with LiquiMoly 10w60 - due for one soon.
coolant/thermostat at 92k
diff and transmission oil at 91.5k
O2 sensors at 80k
fuel pressure sensor at 65k
Battery terminal recall at ~96k
New upper weather strip on windshield ~96k
New pulley belt at ~98k
Spark plugs at 108k
Brakes and tires are still fine

Issues:
Scratching on the driver door handle, on the portion your hand touches. I do not really notice it anymore as its not visible from any distance.
One small scratch on the lower rear bumper, about 1", not very noticeable
I have not been very diligent with washing the car this year so it does need a good detail and polish/wax
The SES light occasionally pops on for a bit. I have taken it to 4 different shops now and they all say that there is nothing wrong with any of the sensors or vacuum leaks, etc that would throw this code. The light generally goes off by itself very quickly. I wish I had a better answer for how to address it.
The valve cover gaskets have been "barely starting to seep" since I bought the car and have not advanced past that. So I did not think it was worthwhile to fix.
The little tiny "M3" sticker on the driver side fender turn signal seems to have fallen off. Needs a new one.

Pics incoming, I have not been on forums in a while and I need to re-figure out how to post them. I am also out of town right now so I will take better ones once I am back in Santa Cruz. The ones below will be just random ones from my phone camera roll.

Price: $22,500

Last edited by ImolaMoop; 02-28-2021 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0