01-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
From what I have read about battery coding, even if you replace the battery with the same one it needs to be programmed. The charging parameters for an old battery and for a new battery are different.

I replaced my battery. I used Autocraft platinum h8-agm 900cca. The price is about 190 but I ordered it online with 20% off and picked it up. That was only a couple months ago.

As far as driving prior to programming after replacement, I have never tried it but I believe you can.

No clue about alt prices.
Ended up getting the same one you mentioned from researching around. Got 25% off for ordering online so ended up being $175, will get another $25 back with my old battery.

When changing my battery today it was an OEM battery, but I could not find a stamp date on it to check the age. Which I thought was a little odd. Still have the battery so if anyone knows where to check it let me know.

As of now I am driving on the new battery without recoding it. I will order the Carly off amazon probably tonight, so should be recoded within the week.

Measured the voltage all the way home with no signs of any issue. Battery discharge warning has disappeared as well. As for the alternator I am going to keep monitoring things, and if I see anything out of the ordinary I will replace it.

Thanks again guys, hoping this solves my problem.
Appreciate 0