United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
[Update]
Proxes RR came Friday and I was impatient to give it a try. ...
The front 235 RR wore out evenly but the passenger side did cord by lunch time on the second day. My brake pads were gone anyway
Your wear and roll pattern will confirm, but on a rear 295, 38 is much more than I would suggest and will significantly limit your rear traction.

I run 30-31 front, 28 rear as a start on every tire I use on the M3 and the handling, wear, and markings are all coming out perfect.

On my first session I'll start with 27 all the way around and by the time the brakes are OK, pressure is getting too high.
Interesting.
"Cold" after lunch hour the fronts were indeed 27.5. The rear had plenty of traction and I was happy with them. But I can try next time to go lower just to see.

In forgot to mention, the passenger front corded on the INSIDE. Typically any 265 and 275 corded the OUTSIDE front passenger and to a less degree the driver inside. The passenger had all the dimple gone and the two groves gone.
The driver front was worn much less in general (probably one track day left on it). dimple still showing, grooves still showing. This was after seven sessions on Saturday and 3 sessions on Sunday. Sunday lunch time I swapped the fronts, but discovered the frond brake pads were gone and that was it.
Appreciate 0