View Single Post
      06-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #96
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
I thought you said you went for a ride? How did you figure out the steering feel? Or were you driving? No idea what you mean by the car feeling like a boat. I've been in a ride in one. If anything it's the M3 that feels like a boat in comparison. The Z06 has such a low go-kart seating position, and seemingly unlimited grip in corners. By contrast my M3 struggles with understeer on the track, and in quick transitions the weight and soft suspension can cause the car to unsettle.

What exactly is a "lazy motor"? An engine that you don't have to redline just to get the car going? An engine that has gobs of torque and power through out its entire rev range as opposed to a tiny powerband up there? How is that a bad thing?

Funny but I thought ///M stands for Motorsports, i.e. track performance. And what was the #1 enemy of performance? Why, it's weight!
No I have'nt driven it, I said it felt like a boat because I thought that the car felt detach from the pavement, just like a boat that rides on water, just the feeling I had! You know when a boat passes on some waves and you just don't feel a thing, seemed a bit like that to me! Can't speak of the steering feel!

As for what the ///M stands for, don't really care, all I know is that I would'nt trade my 8300RPM supercharged V8 for a souped up 335 engine!

And by the way, it's funny Ezio said that because lazy is exactly the word I had in mind to describe what I thought of the engine in the Z06 of my friend! The numbers on paper are impressive but I was'nt impress at all when I was in the car(at least at lower RPMs)!
Appreciate 0