11-19-2018, 10:18 PM   #30
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
The only areas that Tesla is behind is build quality/manufacturing, and interior design/quality. everywhere else they are ahead. Their electric motor is ahead of everyone else so is their battery technology. Their network is also ahead and their chassis design is currently better than anything else available. I don't own one as I still see electric vehicles are still in the early adopter stage but if I were to buy one it would be no doubt a Tesla.
Honestly, BMW just has to get their shit together and commit to EVs instead of worrying about offering "choices" and cannibalizing their dealer ICE service networks and ICE sales. VW is committing to EVs and they shouldn't look back. BMW should do the same and bring to market a full lineup for EVs and autonomous cars ASAP! They are quickly losing market share to Telsa and they are a tech company that is still figuring out how to build cars. If BMW committed to producing a full lineup of EVs and released the i3, i4, i5, iX3, iX5, i8, etc it would have put Tesla to bed. Instead they stalled and caned the i5???WHY??? They should have built on their momentum of the i line and started to phase out their ICEs. Instead here we are getting iPerformance cars...its not going to cut it against full EVs like Teslas.
Appreciate 1