View Single Post
      11-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Test pipe w/ Megan exhaust ?

Hello everyone

As much as I know this topic has been beaten over the head millions of times, I’d like to reopen the conversation.

Current setup: car is 100% stock except Megan supreme ultimo muffler. It does sound slightly louder over stock but still not filling that void for me. I’ve considered MS X pipe but just don’t want to spend 2K on the setup.

I began to look into test pipes instead. I’ve watched a ton of videos with this Megan exhaust/ test pipe setup. It’s tough to tell what your getting by watching YouTube videos. I was utterly disappointed by the exhaust alone as it was almost close to being stock.

Here’s a few questions about this:

1) dB of Megan exhaust vs Megan exhaust with test pipes?( not sure if anyone did a sound test or comparison video back to back)
2) how much of a difference is adding the test pipes to the existing Megan muffler?( noticeable power? Noticeable sound?)
3) what test pipe do you recommend and why?
4) did you need a dyno tune after test pipe install or does the simple plug and play software all you need to experience performance gains and removal of SES light.
5) is there noticeable backfiring? Burble? Or is that related to X pipe

Thank you in advance for any input
Appreciate 0