05-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
all you are basing it off of is stuff you read no real life experience correct?? if you have real life experience btw a car with a diff and one without then i take it back

he actually has real life exp with the two to compare. i don't care what you post or graphs you show nothing beats real life experience

i haven't even broken mine in yet and i can already tell the car pulls harder and is faster through the gears. def one of the best band for the bucks mods
Right, but SWAMP's statements are based on engineering facts, not a butt dyno. We have debated this topic to death, and the science behind it is more accurate then anyone's "butt dyno comparison". What you gain in acceleration, you lose when you have to shift early and the stock car keeps going; trust SWAMP when he says many of us have been over this MANY times. The 3.62 may make it feel faster, but I can assure you its not.

That being said, it doesn't negate the pros of easier driving around down and perhaps the ability to move in traffic as it slows down and speeds up without shifting gears as often.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0