View Single Post
      03-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
You are obviously a car enthusiast and I really liked reading about both cars from an owners standpoint and not someone that was just going to say how great their new "XXX" is. Thanks for taking a bit of time to do this, I know I wouldnt be able to sit anywhere other than the seat of the Gallardo for like six months... It was very very cool of you.

That made me laugh!

Oh and I know this was supposed to be a review, but what review is complete without photos:

Gallardo please?
Thanks! I've been a gear head for a while, all right I had the Countach poster up on my wall for years (as I'm sure many others on this forum also did), and practically VOWED that someday I would own a Lamborghini (although back then, I pronounced it "Lamborgnee"... LOL - hey I was TEN!!! ).

Pics to come! It's a bit dull, grey, and still winterish here (but thankfully, the roads are dry!!! ) - pics to follow. I posted pics from the dealer in my original thread, that the dealer sent me when I was inquiring about the car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620343

Maybe these will suffice for the present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Some day I'm getting my dream car: Ferrari (can't say model cause don't know how many will come and go till then, LOL).
You are most welcome! Thanks! Once I decided that an exotic was within reach, I vacillated back and forth between a Gallardo and an F430 Scuderia. In the end, I made the right choice for me, but some day, I will drive a Ferrari........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Allan, great to hear your thoughts!! I am so glad you are LOVING your Gallardo!!!

Yeah, come to another epic GTA meet if you can. We just had our first with over 50 BMWs, mostly M Cars, with a GTR crashing the party. Imagine if a Lambo crashed it! hehehe

Post more pics buddy!!!
Thanks, Jules . I was hoping you'd have a read of this, and let me know your thoughts. I would LOVE to come out to TO this summer! Plans are afoot - just need to dump a few calls on a few suckers, errrr, I mean, arrange some on call coverage with colleagues for the summer, and I am there!!! It will be SO great to meet you face-to-face!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Awesome review, tx for sharing! You definitely should ave insisted they forward you the picture tho! Lol.
Hahahahahahaha - no kidding, hey? I was just seeing red because of the scratches on the hood, so it didn't even occur to me until afterwards, LOL. Funnily, when she saw us approaching, she did NOT make any huge effort to cease and desist her "pose".... hmmmmm...... interesting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Well, I think you need to go hang out on the Lambo forums.

(hehehe....can't wait to meet her!!)
LOL - MIKE, and after all we've been through... ostracized by my own bud.... oh, the PAIN..... haha...

Looking forward to meeting up with you this summer! Dates are set for Autocross with the BMW club here - I shall forward them. If you can't make it out here, we'll see you at Race the BAAAAAASE!!!!!!!

(Oh, and yes, absolutely, I will be autocrossing the Lambo - I need to gain some empirical evidence to support my theory regarding it being a lesser autocross car, in MY hands, hehe)(and also, to gain some experience driving it in anger, prior to Race the Base! Don't want to show up there and putt around the course like a granny, haha)

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I could share with y'all. Pics to follow - might be a while, as the weather, while phenomenally great this winter, still has a ways to go before it's pic-worthy outside!