View Single Post
      05-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #42
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Great pricing. It looks like the bov vents to atmosphere right over the belts. Wouldn't that be an issue for the oil associated with the intake air charge due to crankcase ventilation?
If there was that much engine oil blowing out of the blow off valve, you would have a lot bigger problems than the belt getting oil on it. We have been running the blow off valve in this location for 6 years now with no issues.

For those who are interested, we can also provide a recirculating by-pass valve instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
what is your warranty coverage for this kit?
1 year warranty on the Vortech Supercharger; 2 year warranty on all of our parts in the kit; no engine warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
Can you clarify why someone would buy this? Not sure I get target market. The air filter is in the engine area at extremely hot air being sucked in with really no movement of fresh air like OEM which is fine if you have an intercooler but this thing would really struggle in heat or driving it hard no? Is of that much less work installing without intercooler? I'm genuinely asking as I may be missing something as otherwise it looks great and great price?
There is a heat shield that goes between the air filter and headers. Additionally, there is a pipe which directs the air from the front mouth to the filter. Our kit is to offer customers great gains at a great price, but if you are looking for a kit meant for tracking and/or very big power, this kit is not for you.

Last edited by Charles@Gintani.com; 05-22-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0