05-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #65
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
I'm sorry but these numbers are barely impressive at all. Consider that in this time period cars in this price category are making 800hp to 1000hp when spending that amount of money. All the money spent on this turbo kit to make it even with a single turbo or even upward turbo N54 Powered car? Sorry but this is sad. 600hp is not a lot these days.

Stop trolling. You know damn good and well this car is a) running on 91 octane b) running low boost. Anyone with common sense would know that they have been working on tuning this car and testing it to make sure the S65 withstands the rigors of a TT setup and slowly increasing boost to make sure the engine doesn't puke a rod out of the side of the block. Like UGR stuck TTs on a Lambo and immediately turned up the wick to 14+ lbs before they did *extensive* testing and datalogging to make sure that 4lbs would work first

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
Consider that in this time period cars in this price category are making 800hp to 1000hp when spending that amount of money.
When spending that amount of money on what? Mods? The car itself? What other car made during the E90 M3 production (08-11) came in @ $65k and was making 680 to 850WHEELhp (Your 800-1k w/a 15% drive train loss)?

And we're not talking about *that* time period, we're talking about *now*. Since we don't even know what the official prices are @ this point, we are just speculating at how much/how little value this kit presents.

Glad I'm sticking w/the E9X platform. Given that this is a no-piggyback solution on an ECU which isn't encrypted, and considering what I paid for my car, even if this kit comes in @ $20k, I'll still be in for quite a bit *less* than a F80, and I'll have a twin turbo, high-revving V8 to boot.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 05-27-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0