View Single Post
      01-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #75
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickeM3 View Post
Regular Guy - are these files available for download on the database yet?
There's two ways to download the files:
1. Click the links in the "Dyno Database" heading for the posts above. At the near top of the screen it says "Download Dyno Files." Click that link to download the files.
2. Go to the Dyno Database (in this case www.s63dynos.com) and click the link that says "Get Files" under the "Dyno Files" column.

Quote:
Also, what is up with the M5/6 data? Why would IAT's be going up then down so many times in the same runs?
Im not discrediting you, but I have never, ever seen that. Do you think the cooling system is doing its job, or perhaps the software used to log it is not fully compatible with those?
As Drew said, I just graphed the data that was provided in the dyno files; I wasn't even there. I don't think it's unexpected for BMW to modulate the IAT through the two intercoolers. If they are doing this, it would create the exact type of hysteresis you see in the graphs. To me, it would mean the intercoolers are not running free and are more efficient than they need to be.

Quote:
Lastly, what did you use to collect that data? Its good information and if readily available, im sure the masses would be able to use it and contribute more info.
I believe EAS plugged directly into the OBD port to collect the data. The data would then be provided by the ECU itself in response to DCAN requests (a standard procedure and standard data request function).
Appreciate 0