05-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I never said the PFC06 was too aggressive. All I said was the 08 is a popular pad but I've never used it. Perhaps my comment about the E46 was confusing. What I was attempting to convey is that reading the subjective comments from a completely different car aren't terribly useful for you in this situation. If you had other people replying to this thread with stock E92s saying the PFC06 worked well on track, that's different.

Optimal temperature range is a tricky thing. If you run a pad that's too aggressive (optimal temps higher than what you can sustain), the stopping power will suck and you'll be chewing through rotors. Without any data on your current brake temps, it's a bit of a guessing game. What I will say, and others will probably back me up on, is that a stock M3 on street tires isn't going to be able to generate the temps necessary for those endurance pads like the RS19, DS1.11, etc. This is why I recommended something a bit milder like the DTC-60.
Thanks for the clarification. I admit I didn't know much about pad compounds so such information is very helpful. I agree different cars with different tyres have different demands - I was completely fine in my previous e92 325i with OEM pads on r comp yokohamas. Whereas the HPS 5.0 faded immediately in the M3 even though I had mediocre street front tyres that time.

About the temperature - I can see that HPS 5.0 start falling on their face at around 400°C, so we can safely assume that I exceed this temperature. I read some specs of the ds 1.11 and they are said to be performing optimally starting at just 200-250°C. They have a relatively low Mu of 0.46 on average, which is fairly lower than Hawk DTC-60 that you suggested, so (if we can trust all these sheets) it seems the ds 1.11 aren't all that crazy. Please correct me if I got something wrong