dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokemycocktus View Post
Thanks for the link.
Pagid RS19 for example is around $500 for the front axle.
Both DS3000 and DS2500 are available and I can have the 3000 for around $190 locally, which is probably my best deal next to the PFC 06 from bimmerworld.

I'm a bit confused though. I thought you said these PFC 06 were to agressive at first, but then not to compare with e46 m3 because it has less brake demands? I have zero experience with race pads and I just wanted to be able to choose my first set well.
I drove the m3 only on HPS 5.0 so far and they faded like crap instantly and were done after 1 trackday.

If the DS3000 will survive without fading after 3-4 laps then I'd probably choose these.
If PFC 06 won't destroy the rotors, will last a lot longer and perform better, then I'd consider those.
Or maybe only DTC-60 meet my criteria? They seem to have identical optimal temp range to ds3000 though.

I never said the PFC06 was too aggressive. All I said was the 08 is a popular pad but I've never used it. Perhaps my comment about the E46 was confusing. What I was attempting to convey is that reading the subjective comments from a completely different car aren't terribly useful for you in this situation. If you had other people replying to this thread with stock E92s saying the PFC06 worked well on track, that's different.

Optimal temperature range is a tricky thing. If you run a pad that's too aggressive (optimal temps higher than what you can sustain), the stopping power will suck and you'll be chewing through rotors. Without any data on your current brake temps, it's a bit of a guessing game. What I will say, and others will probably back me up on, is that a stock M3 on street tires isn't going to be able to generate the temps necessary for those endurance pads like the RS19, DS1.11, etc. This is why I recommended something a bit milder like the DTC-60. They're relatively inexpensive for us here in the US and they have a very linear torque curve which gives great control. Might be worthwhile to spend $30 or whatever on the brake temperature stickers for your calipers. That should help you for the next set -- see pic below, I finally put a set on my car.

For now I wouldn't obsess over this too much. There's plenty of good choices being recommended in this thread. Use your track time to focus on improving technique and getting comfortable enough that you can start braking later and need better tires + pads. :-)
Attached Images

Last edited by dparm; 05-09-2019 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0