View Single Post
      05-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

It might help to know more about your level of skill and the car (tires, suspension, etc). For a mostly stock E9x M3, or even one with different wheels and tires (e.g. an Apex wheel with something like an RE-71R), I think the DS1.11, HT-10, and DTC-70 are too aggressive. You won't get the modulation or control you need and the car will be getting into the ABS too often.

Please avoid EBC, their pads are absolute trash and I would never use them for the track. Can't even tell you how many guys I see at track days who pull their EBCs after the first session...

I would look at the DTC-60. The price is right and they have a fairly linear torque curve which should give you the control you need. PFC08 seems to be popular too but those are not cheap.

Give Dave Z at Zeckhausen Racing a call and ask for his advice. He knows his stuff, especially BMWs, and carries pretty much every pad you can imagine. I've been ordering from him for nearly a decade now and chat with him on the phone a few times a year. He does get pretty busy this time of year so leave a voicemail or just send an email instead.

Last edited by dparm; 05-08-2019 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0