View Single Post
      08-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Question Castrol Edge "Supercar" vs Castrol Edge Professional

Have read a few other threads on here in regards to the re-branding of Castrols Edge professional 10W-60 oil. This from what I have read appears to be purely a cosmetic labeling change. Just wanted to post up some photos of each bottle - including back side. The new Edge Supercar states "Approved for BMW M-Models".

Have been logging my oil samples through Blackstone - all using the Castrol Edge professional. Cannot say forsure how this will impact that (am assuming not) as I'm sure the ingredients/formula has remained the same.

Have 2 bottles of Edge Professional left - and just received 9 Edge Supercar/Oem filter from ECS - as I have a scheduled oil change tomorrow afternoon.

Have an email out to Blackstone - however doubt they'll get back to me prior to changing oil tomorrow, BUT - curious as to if I should use the 2 remaining professional bottles I have left and remaining 6-6.5 of the "Supercar" formula?

Here are photos of both for you guy's to take a look. Oil guys please help - as I will continue to update this thread with my findings and can help others with these same questions in the future.

Last edited by Exclusivs; 08-19-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
rks68rt65.00