12-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #15
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: munichs finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
What if the store really isn't that good?

Maybe a description of why they should be #1 would help?
Quote:
It helps, but I think my hesitation was spawned from the way you presented the situation in the OP. You established the store as "your neighbor's store" and so it looked like you were tryinna hook a brotha up.

I don't think anyone should be expected to vote blindly in this contest. There are other contestants who are also trying to legitimately win, and so if people are going to vote, it should be for the right reasons. I have no problem voting if you can vouch for him in a sense that you can support why he should win besides the fact that he's your buddy.

Maybe if we "know before we go" to the polls, we might end up with a good President some day, but I doubt that will happen. Same concept here. I'm not going to vote for someone to win a contest if I don't even know why they should win, based on content relative to the contest itself.

Your second post explained very well why I should go ahead and vote. Your first didn't.

Also, about taking your word as a member of the forum.... Have you read most of the shit that goes down here? Plenty of dbags and homers on this forum, so just being a member isn't a satisfactory qualification to "take your word for it".

I don't take wine shopping lightly, and have spent time in the past searching around for the best store with the most knowledgable and helpful staff I can find, as I really don't have the time nor the interest to become a certifiable wine expert. So, I'm very familiar with these stores and what makes a good one in my opinion, and all I was asking for was some further (relevant) information before I went ahead and voted. I don't think that was too much to ask for; do you?
Quote:
I haven't asked for reasons before because I haven't considered doing it. I like a good wine store, and therefore would be glad to support a good wine store, so that's why I was curious of what your friend's place was about.

Didn't mean to come off as a dick.
Lulz just click the link