View Single Post
      03-28-2006, 01:00 AM   #24
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

You don't know about Trojans? They are seriously the worst things you can find on your computer.

In fact, upon the advent of Trojans, they spread like wildfire. I would not be surprised if 3 out of 4 computers in this country has been or will be infected with a TH.

Google the Trojan Horse virus. There are literally thousands upon thousands of variants.

How do I know? I used to use it when I was a kid for fun. I would embed the virus into a cool freeware application (like an optical illusion program) and send it to my friends. They open the program, see the optical illusions, say "hey, this is pretty damn cool!" They then send it to their friends. It spreads.

Little did they know, the program (which was also available at freeware sites such as Tucows) spread to everybody. TH's were so advanced back then that even Norton's AV couldn't remove them. In fact, if you were infected back then, you had to download a third-party software that primarily aimed at removing purely TH's.

The follies of Windows...and it gets worst because Windows XP is the easiest system for Trojan Horses to exist in for the simple fact that now Windows XP has its own built-in remote access/control program which can be easily exploited.