Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiddy81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
Maybe I should find a spare stock arm rest, take it apart and try to make it work.
Good morning, my name is Pete, I'm the owner of PSDesigns. Glad you guys like our GTS arm rest delete.

To answer the issue of the item folding, we looked at producing a folding version and decided that the cost implications were too great, not to mention that the OE arm rest hinge (on the non-GTS part, the GTS part as mentioned doesn't hinge as per our part) is very bulky abs plastic, this means that the minimum thickness of the arm rest would be about 1.5" which total negates the purpose for having a GTS style arm rest (ours is only 5mm (13/64) thick. If you want a folding Alcantara Arm rest I would suggest having the OE item retrimmed. The majority want it to remove the obstacle it causes when shifting in anger so to speak, or like the cosmetic enhancement of a GTS style part.

If anyone would like an arm rest feel free to contact us, I believe our contact details are in the initial post on this thread, as a non forum sponsor I don't want to commercially advertise and get banned before I have had a chance to contribute!
Thanks for the reply! Good to know on the added thickness. I didn't think of that. I'll leave it as is!