United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [9.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I'm inconsistent with running. I don't like to run, but I have to for my training, so I do when I have to. Instead I like to bike and swim.

When I stop running for a while and start back up, I get some pain but not a lot. As long as I cool down and stretch it usually goes away. Also, if you take some Fish Oil supplement, it reduces inflammation and pain a little, and it's natural (not a drug). I take fish oil for the heart health, but it has other good side effects, since I don't eat a lot of fish.
When I was in high school, I hated PE classes and particularly running. I was ok with running very short distances (because i was vast, really fast ) but anything longer than couple hundred yards I just refused to do. Now, that I'm trying to start whole running thing, I actually enjoy it - running for 30 mins listening to the radio - seems good so far. Would really like to run 5k, and run it fast (if I can).

Thank you for mentioning fish oil. The bottle of fish oil with flax seeds has been in my fridge for quite a while. When I bought it, I was taking I tablespoon everyday, but it's been a while since then. But, I did have one full tablespoon today, thanks to you. May be I can keep it up, and have it everyday, since supposedly it's good.

So... Today is my rest day... It's about 1:00 am and I'm resting, really resting: just sitting on the couch, watching "Going Bad" on Netflix, and drinking cognac.

Speaking of cognac, or any other alcohol for that matter, are there any reasons I should not be drinking?