View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

NICE. You remind of the Ferrari nut I met a few months ago: 458, GTO, Enzo----all three the highest mileage Ferrari's in the world. The Enzo had like 13k on it. He said he bought them to drive and he said if you need a car to depreciate slowly, you couldn't afford it in the first place. I have to say I few things the way you do. I bought her to drive, not to sit in the garage.

OP: i respect your view as well....if you want a second car think about leasing a new civic, cheap, great has mileage and four doors.

Cheers,
e46e92

[QUOTE=Radiation Joe;10362326]There certainly are two camps when it comes to daily driving an M3. I didn't buy my M3 to look at it. I bought it so that I'd have something to drive every day that I LIKED driving. There is no doubt in my mind that it is significantly cheaper to take the depreciation on my e90 than to buy and maintain a second car. I put about 25k miles on my car every year. It costs me about $7k over two years to put the extra miles on my car.

I'm on my second "beater" M3. And, No; I don't care if the prissies out there would never buy my car used.

[IMG]http://www.m3post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=305

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0