02-11-2019, 02:28 PM   #160
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Oh and one other thing: The STR40 kit dropped 11lb off my car, probably closer to 13 if I'd compared new stuff to new stuff. It was just under $2800 on sale with shipping back in 2014. The STR60 kit was a lot more, very close to $4k, probably because nobody wanted the smaller rotor because it's way too small and crap . If I'd wanted to pair with a rear kit, the STR40 rear kit saves approximately 0 pounds, and would have cost me another $2500 or so.

The RadiCal front kit is 14 lb off, you get better rotors and a 6-pot caliper with more features

Pair that with the now-available B rear replacement rotors and you can knock more than 20lb off the brake rotors for under five grand. That's pretty rad. Or you can go full-special and us the 340 rear kit Essex offers, which is very very light, as it should be, it's in the back, rear brakes on an FR are the the aircraft equivalent of a trim tab, important but if they were as big as the wings you will have made a pretty idiotic airplane

It's nice to see continuing improvements in support for this platform, it deserves it. The "Do No Harm" principle of car modding is hard to adhere to but not when you have stuff like this to choose from

Full special.

FYI...to anyone interested in a rear kit. We still have some of our original rear brake kit that uses a conventional (non Radi-CAL) calipers. They are fantastic kits and have won national championships in NASA, etc. You can see them here:
https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...ear-cp5040-e92

We need to move these out to make room for the Radi-CAL kits, and I would be happy to give someone a great deal on one if interested. They are featured in this thread: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=essex

Forgot to say...I've been trying to resist picking up an e90 for my daily driver, and I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to do so! Great cars, and still plenty of support.
Appreciate 0