View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #159
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Oh and one other thing: The STR40 kit dropped 11lb off my car, probably closer to 13 if I'd compared new stuff to new stuff. It was just under $2800 on sale with shipping back in 2014. The STR60 kit was a lot more, very close to $4k, probably because nobody wanted the smaller rotor because it's way too small and crap . If I'd wanted to pair with a rear kit, the STR40 rear kit saves approximately 0 pounds, and would have cost me another $2500 or so.

The RadiCal front kit is 14 lb off, you get better rotors and a 6-pot caliper with more features

Pair that with the now-available B rear replacement rotors and you can knock more than 20lb off the brakes for under five grand if you wait for a sale. That's pretty rad. Or you can go full-special and us the 340 rear kit Essex offers, which is very very light, as it should be, it's in the back, rear brakes on an FR are the the aircraft equivalent of a trim tab, important but if they were as big and capable as the wings you will have made a pretty idiotic airplane, and lose another 10

It's nice to see continuing improvements in support for this platform, it deserves it. The "Do No Harm" principle of car modding is hard to adhere to but not when you have stuff like this to choose from

EDIT: OH, and please make an aftermarket rotor replacement option for the W212 E63 AMG S-model thanks. pretty please

Last edited by Richbot; 02-11-2019 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0