View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 02:15 AM   #71
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

New Years Update 1/2/19

Finally got to put my Christmas present to use, wife bought me a QuickJack so I decided to tackle the DINAN Stage 1 Suspension install. Installation was quite easy, I can't believe DINAN quotes 7-8 hours to install this. I did the install in 5 hours, that's by myself with going to get food for the girls twice, multiple breaks in between, getting all the exact torque values for every bolt and nut, swinging by the store for ice cream AND getting pulled over in my F80 on the way back for no front plate..

Tip for the spring install on the E92, no spring compressor is needed. Just put a jack on the front rotor, jack it up, loosen the top nut and lower the strut and spring down. (Make sure to remove the brake wear and abs sensor lines from their holding brackets) The whole strut will swing out and you just pull the spring off, put the new spring on, swing the assembly back and line it up, jack the whole thing back into the top mount and tighten the top nut. DONE! If I didn't have to install the DINAN Ride and Handling Supplemental kit, it would've probably taken me 25 minutes each front corner to just do lowering springs.

DINAN Ride and Handling Supplemental Kit

All back together looking pretty.

DINAN shaved top mount and spacer

Rear instructions were a bit confusing..until I realized some of the OEM parts listed on the diagram were still on the car.

Stock rear spring vs. DINAN

All the leftover OEM parts after the DINAN Stage 1 install

The finished product, lowering was exactly as advertised, about 1/2" but best of all the ride quality is indiscernible from stock. I think I need to drive it a bit more to test the handling but so far it's super comfortable, no noises or weird behavior. EDC works great just like before. So far I'm really impressed with the ride and overall quality of the kit.

One last pic before putting her to bed. She had a rough day of surgery, goodnight princess. lol

Last edited by DanMpower; 02-14-2019 at 12:40 AM..
Appreciate 0