12-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #92
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikk66 View Post
(Not trying to start a war here)

I've been driving BMW 3 series for almost 9 years now. I've had my 6MT 2008 e92 M3 since May '08.

The car is great, I don't hate on it. I've had it at Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Infineon & Autoclub Speedway.

Last time at Laguna Seca I melted the brakes, needed rotors and my (brand new) pads replaced... under warranty luckily.

My lease is up May '11, and I think I'm going to try for a 2011 or 2012 gt 500 Shelby Mustang.

They compared a stock GT to an e92 here and the Mustang was faster in the 1/4 mile by .01 sec, and as fast I think around the track. Also braking distance was slightly shorter on the GT and comparable on the skidpad.

Granted the driver said the M3 won by a tad, but this is also the stock GT. The gt500 with the SVT kit comes with Brembo brakes, lowered, 20" rear and 19" front wheels, 550hp / 500lbft supercharged motor (there is an aftermarket 725hp kit for $6300 - 50 state legal). Stock GT is around 414 I think.

Anyways, I know that a Mustang isn't probably up to the caliber of an M3 for most of you guys, but I think I'm gonna give it a shot. The 2011 gt500 has the same motor as the Ford GT with a few tweaks to it.

Also, they look alot better this time, it actually reminds me of an M3 from the front views in a way, and the sticker is right around 50-53k for loaded, upgraded stereo, nav, heated seats.. etc. So thats about 18K less than a comparable M3, with better performance numbers. And, these only come in 6MT so no more seeing soccer moms driving my same M3 around.

The grabber blue is pretty sweet.. similar to Laguna Seca blue on the e46. I also like the dark silver, similar to the Space Gray I have now..

What's your opinion? Anyone driven one?

Comparison video:

go for it. i wont
Appreciate 0