View Single Post
      04-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
Ryan239
Private
Rep
Drives: SO F80, AW 135

Lucid, I get the conservation of energy aspect, but the take away is, if you brake later (and harder) you're going to wind up with fewer brake issues.

I was guilty of overusing my brakes at the Glen, which I think made my pad fade more acute, as I wasn't confident in them 'being there' so I got on them a bit early just to reassure myself I would have some brakes going into the turn. That slowed me down a bit more than I needed but I'd rather go a wee bit slower than slow down in the armco

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the track insurance thing, but I have two friends who attended this event that paid for coverage so you can definitely get it for a COM event. What insurance provider are you using? One of the guys used this company:
https://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/ but I am not sure of the one the other guy used. And anyways, just don't crash If you want me to get some more info on the insurance shoot me a PM and I'll ping my buddies to get the specifics. I know it was about $100 for my friend in an E36 M3 for the entire event, and it covers everything but the actual 3 time trial laps.
Appreciate 0