View Single Post
      03-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #18
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

interesting, I have thought of getting a GTR myself but seems to hard to get one at this time, may revisit it in a year or two. But the GTR is actually 3" longer than the M3 sedan and 3" wider yet it's rear seats are (about) the same size as the much smaller 911 turbo. It seems to have 7" less rear seat headroom as the M3 coupe (from the listed measurements) and the legroom is just an inch more than the 911 turbos.

Not that I think that's what the gtr is about just it's a massive car and yet very little or no room in the rear seat may as well be a 2-seater.

I think the M3 coupe while a lot different than Z06 or GTR etc. does have a big advantage with it's rear seats. I'm 6'2" and sat in the rear of the M3 coupe. didn't have a ton of room but the fact is I sat in the back so a small adult should have no problem. if there was 7" less headroom I'd have to lay down across the seat cos I would not fit a second in that.

In fact the cubic feet measurements the M3 is not a lot smaller than the M5. I know it's some smaller but it's not like one of those cars where even toddlers can not fit in the back.
Appreciate 0