View Single Post
      03-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #15
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Once again thanks everyone for chiming in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanlieu View Post
Stock suspensions on 996/997 era cars can be pretty firm: compliant but similar to a sport suspension on some other makes.

How old were the tires as well? Some second/third cars sit for years.
Thanks for the commentary on standard suspensions. Excellent question regarding tire age too; I've reached out to see if the owner knows. EDIT: mid to late 2012. Kinda old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliverman View Post
I’ve driven both and I understand your not being on the same page.
I wasn’t trying to insult your car or your choice. Have a great day.
That's kind but it doesn't answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Id trade my z4m in for a 997 or 991 gt3 but not for a regular carrera or a 996. no real advantage in doing so, especially not for the cost difference.
I want a summer daily driver that calls to me, yet is practical enough to serve as an honest daily driver. I kinda want the top to go down too, but that's not a deal maker or killer.

In terms of 'calls to me' vehicles I have a 3.0si coupe and a Z4MC. I don't particularly see either as a daily driver, although I know some folks do. I want something a bit more refined but still enjoyable when called upon. Plus, well, "so many cars, so little time"; I want to expand my base of experiences. A rear engined flat six seems a good way to do that.

I certainly wouldn't trade my M for the 996 I drove, but then I don't plan on parting with that car any time soon. We have miles yet to go. I will probably part with the 3.0si though, although a bit reluctantly truth be told; that lightweight N52 makes for a very sprightly dance partner.

Whether or not a 996 replaces it is still up in the air.

Last edited by wdb; 03-18-2018 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0