View Single Post
      05-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #14
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

@vahiker99 , your post thickens the plot. When I was first notified of the alleged unavailability of PCD, I was quoted the EPA/CARB reason found in post #4 of this thread. I came across that post when I researched whether others ever got the same message. The quote from my advisor contained the identical language, except the "Should the client wish to cancel ..." sentence and the identification of the source as the Performance Center were missing. She said the message came from the factory.

I thought it very strange that the cancellation sentence was missing, and what it all meant. Why would the Performance Center bring up the issue of cancellation if a reservation could not be made in the first place? What was being cancelled in that post? I pressed the advisor on the issue, and then she sent me the same quote, but this time she added the single paragraph in your post about factory tours not being available. She cc'd the sales manager and alleged that the new quote was what she sent to me originally. However, I kept all emails and was able to prove her wrong. Furthermore, the added paragraph was a non sequitur. What does cancellation of the factory tour have to do with PCD? The paragraph clearly envisions PCD without the tour, with a certificate being provided to take the tour at a later date.

That's what I like about having done everything in writing. Eventually the BS started tripping over itself, and she couldn't get out of it.

I had a spirited talk with the sales manager yesterday. Needless to say, I demanded a different advisor. He said another one would contact me today, but nobody called or emailed. He also said he may be able to work out PCD after all. We'll see.

I can't say I like paying $130k+ for this kind of sales experience.

Last edited by JimM6GC; 05-16-2014 at 01:28 AM..
Appreciate 0