View Single Post
      10-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

My stock exhaust lasted for the trip home from the Performance Center Pick-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
I recently got a '13 E93 M3 and I only have around 340 miles on the car at the moment. I have noticed that the breaks, tires, and engine have all been breaking in very nicely.

I have been considering modifying the exhaust and I have done hours of research. I notice that most people say that aftermarket exhausts "break-in" and gradually become louder. I was hoping someone could help me with the following exhaust questions:

1) Does the original exhaust also go through a break-in that will gradually make it louder?
2) If the original exhaust does go through a break-in period then roughly how many miles does the break-in period require for the exhaust to reach its proper sound level?

I'm asking because I'm thinking it might make sense to wait until the exhaust is completely broken in before I spend money on an exhaust mod (at least it might make sense if there might be a noticeable difference upon break-in)?

Thanks for everyone's help - I appreciate it,
Jeremy
Installed my M Performance Exhaust at 180mi on the odo, which I think is a new personal mod record for me =)

I bought the exhaust when I got my allocation back in May so... had been looking at it for 4mos while I waited on delivery. Hope it gets a little louder with some age, its pretty quiet as well however I'm still in break-in. May get better with some more rpms.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0