Theodore
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by romero1990 View Post
great stuff OP.

Wanted to check on "simultaneously" part. Do I need 2 torque wrench to do that or just torque wrench on the nut side or bolt side?

thanks
Just one torque wrench needed on one side (you choose, bolt or nut side) and simultaneously hold the other side steady with a regular wrench or socket.

EDIT: This either side (bolt side or nut side application of the torque wrench) approach applies when the material on either side of the joint are the same material, that material has the same finish on both sides, the hole size is the same through both sides of the material and both the nut face and bolt head sizes have the same diameter and finish. This is true for most of the BMW M3 Suspension components listed above. Otherwise when not specified and the above criteria is not met, by default torque values apply to the use of a torque wrench on the nut, not bolt head.

EDIT 2: For the E92 M3, the BMW TIS has at least one special exception where BMW only provides a torque value for the bolt head and specifically does not provide a torque value for the nut. See this BMW TIS for the driveshaft to flex disc (aka Giubo) bolt torque procedure under "Installation Note".
E9X M3 "Factory" Tools Can Be Found Here

Last edited by Theodore; 10-03-2023 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 1