02-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #1103
dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Let's file this one under---I SWEAR I'm not crying in my spilled milk.....I promise! Well, sorta....... Seriously though, this video shows the best driving I've done at WSIR until I encountered the Mustang at Turn 9, so it's worth at least a quick glance. (I mentioned before that my GoPro battery died before my complete PB lap, so this is the only vid I can produce that shows the same-or-better speeds.)

The lap ended up as a 1:26.8, even with with having to pass the Mustang in Turn 9. Up until I encountered the Mustang, the lap was a 1:25.5 pace.

Here's what it looked like in the AIM software. You can see in the time delta chart at the bottom that the lap was faster than my PB of 1:25.85 (that I had just set 5 minutes prior) the entire time until I came upon the Mustang.

It's interesting that Mustangs have blocked a new PB fast lap at WSIR on three separate occasions. No other vehicle has ever blocked a new PB lap at Willow Springs, and yet somehow, a Mustang has been in my way each time.

Anyway, here's the video:

After that lap, I tried one more time and got 1:26.2......the tires were starting to let go. Regardless, I was really impressed that the scrubs were able to hold the way they did. After that session, it was time to go.

One new bit of data from the day: I set a new high speed of 150mph (GPS) on the front straight on one of the laps.

Looking to the future, there's always room for improvement. I believe that if I'm in the groove of the track, if I have decent tires, later braking into Turn 1 and keep the speeds higher in Turn 1, later braking into Turn 3 and braking later and less for Turn 9, the car can roll a 1:24. When or if that will ever happen is not too high on my priority list. As I've mentioned before, the place is SO brutal on tires that you basically have to be willing to sacrifice a good set of tires to achieve your goal.
Appreciate 2
roastbeef11586.00
Timujin352.50