Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
You control the recording in the parameter field.
The default is just start at 800rpm.

you want to use custom and put more than one condition for recording to start.

[from Dogbone]
They also said they may be able to change the CAN channels it sniffs to wake up to be CAN channels that are only active when the car is ACTUALLY running. I don't know....we'll see what they come up with.

[They Did]
This explains it:

This video deals with setting conditions to start recording a lap. That is different than what I’ve been talking about. What I’ve been saying is that the AIM device turns on all by itself when it senses CAN data from the car. Currently, we cannot stop that from happening.

The problem is that, when the car is sitting in the paddock with the engine turned off, there is ALWAYS some kind of CAN data being generated. The AIM Solo 2 DL detects it and turns itself on. This blows the battery because the device is ON and wasting battery most of the day while the car is turned off just sitting there in the paddock.

I have asked AIM to allow an option to just manually turn the device on and off, and not let it turn on by itself. The first AIM Solo DL was better about this topic. It didn’t turn on randomly.
Appreciate 0