07-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #262
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Interesting, I've actually never had a job like that. Now I'm only in my early 30s but still. I have had shitty jobs where I was bored, however I have never had one of the crazy maniac bosses.

I was close at my last job which was a transitional job for only like 3 months but even that wasn't half as bad as some of the shit I hear from other people about their bosses.
I once had a boss who insisted your desk was set up just like his. Pens and pencils in the same place. Files in the same order, even your Autocad desktop had to look like his. He took micro-managing to a whole new level.

My job now is awesome. I do so many different things every week it's hard to keep track. This week we're setting up to film some chemistry experiments for educational videos. I'll be shooting stills while the video guys capture all the fun. The head chemist has promised us some "vigorous" chemical reactions. Should be fun. I'm also setting up remote sessions between our psych profs and two local hospitals with rural satellite offices.

Last week we were working on bringing the virtual desktops online, among other things. The week before that I was involved in planning out a new degree program. Next week I'll be at a conference for our online learning software.

I love the constant change of projects. Keeps things interesting.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0