07-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr0gant View Post
The M3 shares very little with the 3 series. The M3 is SO far from being a rebadged modified 3 series...so NO, he's NOT exaggerating about the M division building the M from the ground up.

New engine, transmision, upgraded suspension, most body panels etc...
There are just as many similarities as there are differences is my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

Again you don't understand or want to understand what happens to either the IS-F, C63 or the RS4 compared to their lessen models. Quattro build they versions from the ground up and I doubt Lexus or AMG are any different, all three models follow a totally different path to the normal cars and aren't even built in the same production plants.

I respect what M-Division do to their models but I don't believe they are much different to any of the others and the M3 engine isn't any more special than the RS4 engine, the C63 engine or the IS-F, it's only different in it's approach and execution.
Well said! That is exactly my point. People act as if the other automakers don't perform just as much R&D on their performance variants. I'm pro-///M (..obviously!!!), but that doesn't mean that any less work goes into building other performance cars. What makes BMW different is their ability to craft a product that communicates.
Appreciate 0