e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancier View Post
I traded in my 996 Turbo for a new M3

I've also owned 2 x 977 Carrera's, and the M3 has a much better engine note, more fun, better seats, more comfort, more luxury features, more practicality, more everything!

I've owned an E60 M5 in the past as well, so I know what I'm in for. Delivery for my new M3 is in 2 days - can't wait!!
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to BMW, hope she treats you as well as Porsche did, we now know you are used to the performance bar set at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Are you serious, you think that the M3 is so far ahead of the competition.

The IS-350 or the S5 aren't in the M3 power to weight class so can't be classed as true rivals, as for the others, well the RS4 has won a few group tests against the M3 and the C63amg as won quite a few itself. Only in the US does the M3 win everything and I have my opinions on why that is and it has nothing to do with the M3 being that much better.

It's a great car that is certainly as good as any other rival, that is it.

P.S.
The only reason a 911 Turbo owner would consider an M3 is they can't afford the new one, plain and simple. The two cars are a world apart in class, performance, price, everything.
Quotes like these make it easier to understand why SWAMP likes to rip into you footie, maybe it would be better if sometimes you just didn't post....I won't even comment. If you really think that if anyone could afford it they would take a TURBO'd 911 over a NA car, you really not a lot less about drivers, enthusiasts and cars then I originally came to think.

OP: IMHO for all out horsepower I think the e46 was more of a "shock value" in that it was SO much faster than the next best 3-series, and other than Vettes, EVOs and STis there was NOTHING that was as fast for the money (sorry Mustangs, GTOs and the lot were, are and will ever be sh*t that don't count) and the M3 was definitely the only foreign upscale car like that. It just appeared to the masses as an "affordable" sports car.

But as has been somewhat said before the M3 is built basically from the ground up, and the same can't be said for its competitors (other than the Porsche of course). C63, RS4 and IS-F are all tuned versions of their lesser brothers/sisters, and that is why the reviewers can't always quantify why but they just feel like the //M is a better drivers car......

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0