View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #505
warp
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 320i F31 LCI sport

Here is an update, since I now have it working for several days.
First of all the sound quality is bad. Don't know why it sounded correct the first day....maybe because I was expecting it to be really awful.

I tried to compare the sound, and the conclusion is surprising.
I tested the radio on the integrated car radio, then via an app on the iphone via bluetooth, via the same app on carplay through aux-in and finally via the app on carplay but through bluetooth.
1. integrated radio : sound is really good. Bass are punchy, medium are great as well as highs.
2. app on the iphone : sound is almost the same. Difficult to tell if there's a difference. So the bluetooth connection works perfectly.
3. app on carplay, aux-in : sound is bad as said before. It seems like it's enclosed in a box, with reverb. Bass are not present, nor are mediums. Sounds like there's a high-pass filter, and an added reverb. (which makes no sense, but it's the sound feeling)
4. app on carplay, bluetooth : surprisingly the sound is not better. It's the same as the sound from aux-in.

The last test is quite disappointing. I was expecting to have the same sound as the bluetooth sound.
Looks like carplay is playing a role in the bad quality, which also makes no sense.

Difficult to take a conclusion on what could be the reason, what to improve.
Appreciate 0