View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 02:09 AM   #495
warp
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 320i F31 LCI sport

Hi all,

I just received (and installed) the kremersino box.
It's actually a limcet box (it's written in bold on the packaging, and the bluetooth name is limcet).
It's really easy to install, took me more or less 15 min (it's for a NBT system).

Until now I'm happy.......and not at the same time.
Why ? Because it simply does what it has to.
I have a 6.5" display, and thought it would be more than enough. But Waze on Carplay displays bigger menus (next turn on top left and arrival time on bottom left).
There's also the carplay menu on the left.
It ends up having half of the display hidden by menus.
On the other hand I don't have to plug my phone anymore when driving. So it's much better.

Concerning the sound :
- I still didn't test a phone call
- I tested whatsapp with Siri and it worked at first try. It seems to be using the integrated mic, since I didn't plug the box mic yet. (or would it use the iPhone mic ??).
- Spotify sound is more than decent. reading all feedbacks made me think it would be totally unusable, but I have to admit the sound is great. Really.

Now I will use it in the next days, and maybe give another feedback if I discover new stuff.

Feel free to ask questions.
Warp

Edit : I compared the sound with live radio and a radio app at the same time (switching with shortcuts on the radio).
Obviously the sound is better with the integrated radio.
However in order to really compare both sounds, I wanted to check the radio with the iPhone alone, connected to AUX-in.
....and I was not able to do so. I removed the CarPlay jack to plug it on the iPhone, but the sound continued to play from the CarPlay box !!!
Furthermore no sound from the iPhone can be played through aux-in.
It seems the box connects directly to aux-in via the quad lock connector.

Last edited by warp; 08-14-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0