View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #7
Rober84m
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The Limp Mode is Gone!

Actuators were done yesterday. Took us about 3 hours to complete the job. I did not get any chance to open the old ones to see what kind of disaster is in there, but from the sound of it I am sure the gears were skipping. I could tell when I pushed the handle few times. There is a strong possiblity that the gears were chewed up big time and due to wrong air/fuel mix it was misfiring and causing a lot of vibration with low throttle response. The other day I experineced the same issue again in the middle of the road even though I did not go to the gas station. I went our for a 20 minute drive and no issues whatsoever. CEL was cleared today by itself, because of the next cycle, there was no need for resetting the codes even.

If I get another CEL with limp mode in the near future and if it has nothing to do with the throttle body then I will check the cylinder misfires and possibly replace the ignition coil depending on which cylinder I have got the misfire, but I am not there yet and I hope It will drive normal for a good while.

Now I have another concern which actually has been there since 2014 or 15. I have been driving this car for 10 years since brand new. The problem is when I am on a high gear with low RPM under load I have a slight rattling sound coming from the engine and it disappers in a second. When in high RPM and WOT I do not hear anything. Car feels good though. Actually, I have not replaced the spark plugs since I bought the car and It has almost 80,000kms. Anybody has experineced this metalic rattling sound when unders load in higher gear and low RPM? I do not know if it is somthing I should be concerned about .

I have been using Liqui Moly 10W60 since 2014. I wonder It has something to do with this oil or MAF sensor or something else?
Attached Images

Last edited by Rober84m; 08-29-2020 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0