Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
Tom, I forgot to ask in the PM, but I figured I would here in case others were wondering as well.

I know I can grab the sensors off of FCP, and the velocity stack from you. However, if you aren't running an AWRON (I'm running a P3 with an analog boost sensor), how would we connect to the fitting for the boost readings? I believe the sensor you buy is the fuel pressure to read boost, and it's an electrical fitting. The P3 is just connected from the analog sensor, to a hose to the Y-fitting that's tapped off the BOV on my current set up.
Assuming the P3 has a rubber line for a reading from the pressure sensor (we don't sell P3), you can just plumb a barbed fitting into the stack. We can show you once you come in for your dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjax View Post
It is indeed the same, i get my readings with the same setup as you currently have (branching p3 sensor with a t close to the bov, with a p3 and a maxflow race bov). It may not be perfect but i see 7+ psi of boost at redline which is approximately what is expected of a 625 kit. If you are way below that you can safely assume that where you are reading from is not the problem, unless something else is faulty on the way.
Are you sure you did the sensor calibration correctly ? press left button once, wait for the 'tap.1' message and press left again, egine off ignition on ? Also did you put bst mode to bst.A on the p3 gauge ?
We've had a handful M3s on the dyno that will read low boost, but still make power. No rhyme or reason as to why, as most cars read correctly. Other than tapping the manifold directly, the velocity stack is the easiest and non-obtrusive way to get a true reading.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0