View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #62
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Having spent plenty of time in my friend's AMG GTC, I love the AMG GT. And it looks great, that long hood is stunning to me. And the interior is special.

So, for a track-day only car, sure, the AMG GT R Black Series would be quite a toy, but for ANY kind of street driving mixed in, give me any of the "regular" AMG GTs (even the convertibles look good). I actually like the narrower hips of the AMG GTS, as even the AMG GTC is almost too wide.

And since these cars depreciate like a ton of bricks, it's a great used car buy...just make sure you get the extended warranty.

911s are the benchmark, but unless I can squeeze into a GT3 (which hold their value like gold bouillon), I'd save and buy the AMG GT, tune it to 700+ hp for like $4,000 with downpipes (which is almost too much for this car), and then drive it like you stole it. No way is like a 911 GTS more fun or sexier than a AMG GT, but if you're going to own the car for a long time...then yes, the 911 makes sense....as it's timeless, and durable.
I literally drool over these things when ever I'm at the deanship for maintenance on my MB......I'd almost give up my 993 for one.....
Appreciate 0