02-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #8241
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Today, I was unknowingly forced into a Valet-only parking situation. Needless to say I'm not happy about this situation when I drop off the car. After I'm given my ticket, I linger around for a moment to keep an eye on my baby. The gentleman who got in my car was a rather large (I'm being modest - extremely large) fellow who, of course, moved my seat way out of place.

Then, after a moment of the car not moving I knew something was up. I walked over to the car and opened the door to kindly instruct him how to engage Drive (DCT). I caught him fumbling about with the selector and the paddles for a moment but he must not have had his foot on the brake because he was still having trouble. Finally, I managed to help him get it over to D1. I politely let him know that I'm a bit precious about this car as it took me a while to find [this particular spec] but he assured me I'm in good hands. I close the door and, yet again, the car doesn't move. He then tries to pull away without disengaging the parking brake. Ugh.

I pop the door back open and show him where it is, and again he assure me I'm in good hands. Sure.

In the end, my car was returned without any new issues - thankfully. I'll certainly allow extra time to self-Park if I ever go back to this location.

On an unrelated side note, I did manage to snap this quick pic, too!
Well at least the day generated that very nice photo!
Appreciate 1
SoCalRPM885.50